Based on some famous ones, just kiwi style.
- By agreement, the team leader has overall responsibility and decision making ability their program across all layers. The team reports to a C-Suite Officer, Board member or higher.
- Secure separate project offices must be provided.
- Skunkworks will work with you to identify multi-skilled personnel who will have responsibility for multiple areas.
- A very simple reporting and release schedule will be used, flexible to the organisation’s needs.
- Important work will be documented in the project management system to enable traceability and reuse.
- Fortnight check ins to keep on track of costs, including forecasting costs till the end of the project.
- The team will assume more than normal responsibility to get the best value out of any outsourced work on the project.
- We use a milestone approval system that meets the intent of existing government requirements and should be used on new projects to reduce duplication of work.
- Skunkworks will have the authority to test any final product in a production environment. Initial testing is always underaken by us.
- Any infrastucture restrictions must be agreed to well in advance of contract agreements. Prior, we will clearly confirm which important items will not knowingly be complied with.
- Funding must be timely so that projects can retain their accelerated cadence.
- We operate on an ethos of mutual trust between the organisation and Skunkworks with very close cooperation and liaison on a day-to-day basis. This cuts down misunderstanding and correspondence to an absolute minimum.
- Access by outsiders to the project and its personnel will be strictly controlled by appropriate barriers
- Our expectation is because only a few people will be used in engineering and most other areas with increased responsibility, they will be appropriately recompensed.
- We don’t work with the Navy. Ever.
- No documents longer than 20 pages or meetings with more than 15 people.
- If you only let us build something ugly, it’s going to operate ugly.